Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Riding across the plains

Today is Wednesday the 29th, but I can only tell it’s Wednesday by looking at my watch.  Keeping track of time is a little weird right now.  I am trying to write this as we drive across Oklahoma/Kansas on our way to Wichita.  Yesterday we were in Norman and Tulsa, OK doing some riding (about 30 miles total) and two presentations. 

 

Today will be the same, but in Wichita and Kansas City.

 

I am so very grateful for the time to be able to help out, even for a short while.  Increased reflections of poverty and hunger are ongoing.  I think a great deal about our hunger ministry Circle of Friends, and I wonder how this trip might affect my thoughts about that. 

 

We had some issues with the bike yesterday, but overall it was a good day for riding, although there are some decent hills in the Tulsa area… who knew?

 

Grace and Peace.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian O. Bennett - bbennett@blackngold.net

   Lord, to those who hunger, give bread.
          And to those who have bread,
                 give the hunger for justice.
                       --Latin American Prayer

 

No comments: